Saturday, May 29, 2010

scramble rescue



In order to feel safe on the water and be able to paddle alone its necessary to have some sort of self rescue in your arsenal. The best rescue is a good solid roll, next is a reentry and roll, then come a variety of paddle float rescues or scramble rescues. None of these are useful unless they are practiced so that they become instinctive and also in conditions that caused the capsize, usually a bit more active than flat water.
But getting a good rescue always has to have a starting point and on Thursday we hit that point with a lesson on how to get back in your kayak by yourself.
The video shows how easy it can be and how hard it is at the beginning.
Remember, practice practice and then practice again in more difficult conditions.

5 comments:

avital said...

מ ע ו ל ה !

Lee said...

Not matter what its always fun to watch people flip! looks like a great kayaking community you guys got there!

Mackayak said...

Bare legs!!! the joy of warm water...

Rachel Einav said...

and I was so sorry that I could not make it this Saturday.

zohar said...

Excellent!!! I get back from guiding and time after time, before coming to the club, I get the latest through your blog. This one was great!!! I loughed my head off!!! For your commenters I must say- yes it is indid a great bunch!!!