Monday, October 1, 2012

flotsam and jetsam


In maritime lawflotsamjetsamlagan and derelict describe specific kinds of wreck. The words have specific nautical meanings, with legal consequences in the law of admiralty and marine salvage.[1]
Flotsam is floating wreckage of a ship or its cargo. Jetsam is part of a ship, its equipment, or its cargo that is purposefully cast overboard or jettisoned to lighten the load in time of distress and that sinks or is washed ashore.
So if you find some of this you can take it home and keep it. This gives new meaning to the words, I found my wife in the sea.

This morning I paddled with limor, she in a surfski, me in a seakayak, I just couldn`t get in front but the view from the back was inspiring

Add caption
I guess you could say I am an optimist

No comments: