Wednesday, January 27, 2010

only for surfing



Well now that the attraction power of  surf kayaks has been  proved without a doubt, I am going to build myself one. I just received the plans for the Matunuck, the surf kayak designed by Nick Shade of Guillemot Kayaks, today. They are sold  by CLC and come with a building manual.


The technique is stitch and glue, which I have not yet used , but it looks pretty straightforward. .
Now I just have to do some research to find out which colours are the most attractive and helpful in attraction
.
If there is anyone out there who has built and surfed the Matunuck, I would appreciate some feedback as to how it performs from the write up and pictures it looks like a lot of fun.

Today the surf was mild and well ordered after the stormy seas of the past few days and we sure had a lot of fun .

2 comments:

Silbs said...

Steve, where do you store all your boats?

Unknown said...

right, seem to be running out of space, may have to buy a bigger house. 3 in my garage hanging from the roof and one at the kayak club. luckily this next one is small.