Friday, April 17, 2009

I must go down to the sea again

Well, after a long while I managed to go back to the sea,[ when I was growing up in South Africa, we lived far from the sea and I always wanted to live on the beach] but due to the changing weather it was a bit rough for our regular outing. Today I joined the boys in their playboats and challenged myself in the rough water. I also decided to use my Greenland paddle.

Usually in rough water I prefer a euro, but since Greg Stammer is coming to our symposium, I thought I`d better improve my greenland technique. I discovered a weakness on my left side, bracing and sculling in rough water with a stick takes some practice.On the whole it was an enjoyable day and now I will concentrate on the G stick in the surf as well.




My Petrel is also coming along pretty good, I have finished the stripping and now am ready to install the cockpit. Have done some rough sanding and the tones of the wood are starting to show. Looks like its going to be a nice boat.

1 comment:

Silbs said...

That is gong to be one sweat boat.