Monday, December 8, 2008

festival of paddles

<
Well what can I say, a great day was had by all, Its already Monday and I am still writing about Saturday in my mind. Saturday night I was too tired to write and my pictures got lost when my card malfunctioned, so I waited until I got sent some pictures and am now busy looking at them all and trying to make some sense out of them.


I had planned for about 6 people to work, and had no idea how the day would turn out.In the end we had about 10 people working. Sometimes you make plans and then things get out of control and just go in their own directions, all you can do is go with the flow, that`s what happened on Saturday.



The energy was fantastic, I think that we all have a creative streak inside of us just waiting to be let free, and that is what happened here. Each carver was given a 2 by 4 and some sharp instruments and a bit of guidance and at the end of the day everyone had a paddle, or something resembling a paddle.We worked from 10.30 am and the last ones left at 7.30 in the evening.


I have never seen such determination, no one was prepared to go home until they had made a paddle, and in the end everyone finished, what a great achievement.Remember that the class was for people who have very little experience with wood carving or have never used a plane before and the results are even more remarkable.



As far as I can gather we all had a terrific day, and as Dubi said "I cant remember working for 9 hours straight in the last 50 years and enjoying myself so much"It was a great day.

1 comment:

derrick said...

looked like a great time!