Saturday, February 16, 2008

fun on the water


Saturday morning the sea was still nice and big, waves about 1 to 2 m at the rock and nice dumpers at the shore.Getting out was something of a challenge for a couple of us but most managed without a hitch. Paddling south with nice swells and into the wind was a nice change and then the return leg with the wind behind us made for some interesting times. One capsize and a good rescue made a good tale to tell.
Once all were safe and sound a couple of us went out to surf the big ones at the rock.And there were a few really large breakers out there.I caught what seemed to be a nice sized one but realised too late that it was a monster, it flipped me over and carried me down for what seemed like a very long time, I just managed to keep hold of my paddle with one hand and when I tried to roll it took me 3 attempts to get up.In those conditions taking photographs is quite a challenge and so there are no real good pics. Later on we went closer to the shore to play in the smaller waves.What fun, we were there for about 3 hours before having to call it a day. And what a day it was.

1 comment:

Silbs said...

Nice sequence of pictures. They tell the story.