Friday, February 22, 2008

happy birthday Iris and kayak building report

So what did we have today? our trip to the Dead Sea was cancelled which left a few of us very disappointed, but on the other hand we had a nice paddle in the wind and then a birthday party for Iris with cakes and wine Later on I came home and worked on finishing the hull of the Greenland Night Heron. It has taken me a week of intensive work but today I finished the hull, I have put in about 45 hours up to now and it is going really fast. I am often asked how long does it take to make a kayak and up to now I don`t know as I never logged the hours. So this time I am keeping a building log to see just how many hours it takes. I guess I shouldn`t count the time that I just stand there and marvel at the beauty of all the wood as it turns into a fantastic kayak.

2 comments:

hadas said...

o mannnn, its perfect!!!!
my dream kayak!!!!
thank god for storms and trip cancelations.hhhhh....
go go go .....
i promiss a visit to see the baby.
see you no the water, my friend.
hf

Silbs said...

wonderful srips. Imagine how it will look when the grain shows up. Keep the pictures coming.