Friday, September 5, 2008

 

Open letter to the president of Olympus Cameras.
Dear President,
I am writing to let you know of my dissapointment with your so called waterproof cameras.
I bought my first Olympus Mu 760 about 8 or 9 months ago , with the full confidence that it would be the answer to my prayers for photography while seakayaking. At first I was satisfied, and the camera performed very well, but unfortunately after 2 months it began to malfunction and then stopped working altogether. The waterproof seals had not prevented moisture getting inside and corroding the electronic bits. The camera was replaced after a long wrangle with the supplier, and the new one was great in the beginning too. Yesterday while filming on the water the camera stopped working and when I got onto dry land and opened up the battery chamber I found it was wet and there was water all over. the card was ruined and non repairable. I dried out the innards with a hairdryer and so far the camera works but now I have to get a new card and have lost all confidence in the waterproof capacity of the camera.
I would like to offer my services as a tester for all your new waterproof products as it seems as though your current products do not stand up to wet conditions in a reliable way.
Please send any cameras that you would like to test to me and in a few short months I will let you know just how good or bad they are.
Yours faithfully
Steve Gordon
Seakayaker with a camera
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment