Wednesday, February 29, 2012

gone fishing

Sometimes I stop to look at the Ocean on my way to work in the morning. Just north of Netanya is the Blue Bay Hotel and there is a nice little beach there. If I am early and have the time I go down and park there for a few minutes , watch the ocean, daydream about being out there and get inspiration from the constant motion of the water and the waves. Then I come back to reality and go to work.Sunday morning was just one of those days but there was a surprise waiting for me.

There were these 3 kayak fishermen getting ready to go out for a morning fishing.They were from Tel Aviv but seemed to know the area. When I asked they said no , there were not many fish around, but that didn't seem to bother them at all, 

I watched as they launched, managed to get through the small breakers and vanished into the distance

I couldn't help thinking how lucky they were, to spend the morning going fishing while I had to go on to work. But then I remembered that I do get to go paddling at least 4 times a week. 

Today I should have been out there but the winter storm with wild winds cancelled any paddling .
And it looks like it may just carry over into the weekend.
Maybe I`ll build another kayak instead.

No comments: